Jangan menyampuk.

It irks me when children interrupt an adult conversation. My goodness, serious, darah boleh up.

Maybe when we were younger my mum disciplined the 3 of us not to interrupt a conversation.

'Kalau orang tua berbual jangan menyampuk. Have some manners'

Wah... I still remember the tone of her voice and her finger pointing siap dengan bibir terjueh skali. The youngest always kena... manja mah.... nak attention ajer....

So when Ny interrupt my conversation a couple of time despite my numerous warning... I start to roll my sleeves.

Recently, I stumble upon pop sugar article on this.

I was chatting with her one day when her (then 3-year-old) son wanted to say something. Instead of interrupting though, he simply placed his hand on her wrist and waited. My friend placed her hand over his to acknowledge him and we continued chatting.

After she had finished what she was saying, she turned to him. I was in awe! So simple. So gentle. So respectful of both the child and the adult.

I straight away implement and asked the father to do the talking.

S explained to Ny that if she wants to talk, and someone is already speaking, she will need to place her hand on our wrist and wait.

She did place her hand on my wrist, at times on my arm and leg, most time on my shoulder, at time dia cubit, at time I can still hear her whispering 'Mummy, mie, mummy', still whine while still placing her hand on my wrist, at times cucuk cucuk my hand, and there was once she whisper 'tickle tickle' to my hand, I burst out laughing, baru nak act strict.

Most time my frens will just 'Layan lah anak kau? Nak apa sayang?'

Her aunty especially aunty ani will straight away turn to her without even the need to touch my hand

Aiya.... Masih belum pass.... still need a little more practice. Insyallah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.