Phonics Monics


We enrolled Ny for Phonics. The helper said 'Kesiannya kecik kecik dah pergi school tiap tiap hari'

I agree. I totally agree.

Its a very competitive world. The little sis used to teach primary 1 few years back and she mentioned that a handful of kids were unable to read. There are some still have not recognised the alphabets.

I admit, even I was clueless when I was in Primary 1. I remember the very first book that I read or I think memories was 'The elves and the shomaker' I have a soft spot for that title. I remember my dad will underline syllabus by syllabus so that I can pronounced it correctly. Dulu mana ada phonics monics ni semua. Primary 1 terkial kial baca, speak english also half past berterabur. Skarang budak K1 speak English macam beranak at England.

Kesian anak anak kita ni eh.

5 comments:

  1. mak i am with u on this one. i went around cari 'cheaper' versions tho ahhaha. dah la tu mathematics maknye ni pun sesungguhnye bagus bapak dia champion in science and maths BUT unfortunately hes not always around to sit down and teach her. dah la super fast paced education in singapore ni! maknyer yg stress ok! whyy singapore why you do this to us, eh i mean anak kita~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betol betol!!! Kesiankan anak anak kita kan. Mak I baru baca blog u, I macam nk masokkan swimming class lah. Good or not? Still ada slots?

      Delete
    2. not bad la! the coach pandai melayan and calm panicky kids down. u calling or wa dia and see ada tak slot. bleh kita berpicnic one corner ahahah

      Delete
  2. i enrolled my son in "I Can Read" when he was in K2... Alhamdulillah helped a lot when he masuk P1 can read and spelling ni semua tak payah teach so much coz he can spell it out phonetically already... tapi kesiankannnnn and mahallll also! For my daughter, I will only enrol her in K2 if she still tak recognise alphabets and cant read simple words ah. Sooo stressy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy, I heard really good review on 'I can read' also. Most of my sis colleagues enrolled their children there, but as you say and they concur ..mahallllllll!!!!!! But they say 'tutup mata ajer lah' Previously, I did called up 'I can read' branch at Pasir Ris but no more slot available for little bear clubs. Our children ni baru brapa tahun, mak maknya dah stress... sigh...
      Big hugs to you Mummy and your 2 little ones!!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.